![]()
Unless you are prepared to give up something valuable you will never be able to truly change at all, because you'll be forever in the control of things you can't give up."— Andy Law Creative Company
I'm not the only one in the midst of major life changes and it has occurred to me that I am far better at handling any kind of change when it's my own. All things go in cycles and it feels like a lot of people in my life right now are experiencing similar things, just in their own way.
Today is the first day of Lent; I have yet to figure out what I will be giving up for this one. Last year I took Lent very seriously (well, it was the first time I participated in it in my life). It resulted in a big shift in my thinking and being that lasted well beyond Lent, it was a life-changer.
One thing I have done is purchased a $15 wedding band from Target. After reading enough travel advice by women for women, this seems to be a sensible thing to wear on the trip, at least while I'm living in hostels and exploring Europe (outside of Perugia). I figure it shouldn't look brand new when I get to Europe so I started wearing it today (actually, I tried it on and forgot to remove it). Oops. No, this is not a subliminal way of saying I wish I were married. And I realize that wearing it could wipe out any chance I have...
No comments:
Post a Comment