Yesterday was great--Gina and I met a nice older Italian gentleman at lunch (Gianni) who took us to a gelateria for award-winning gelato--he knows the owner so it was a large glass full of chocolate, banana, cantalope & chocolate cookie gelato w/whipped cream and a wafer cookie. Molto buono!!!! He asked that we tell all our American friends of the wonders of their gelatto.
We went on a long walk, Gianni's English was pretty good so he told us a lot. We got a tour of his pride and joy--his boat. I felt a tickle in my throat and freaked out. All of the stress leading up to this trip set me up nicely to get sick. So I OD'd on vitamins and herbs, drank tons and went to bed before 8pm. I'm a little nasally today, but not sick.
This morning I attended mass after breakfast (love it that all Catholic masses are the same so I knew what was going on). After, wandered through Fano taking in the (closed) cute shops and narrow cobblestone streets.
We met with the tour group today to all meet each other over lunch and get familiar with trip protocol. Our leaders are Marcello and Frank--both Italians but Frank lived in Colorado for many years. The group is 10 big--everyone is from the Bay area (Cali) or Colorado except for 2 people, I think.
We did a quick ride to make sure the bikes are set right so the real mileage will be tomorrow. Tour of Fano tonight a piede (walking) and then dinner.
So far I haven't seen anyone fit the stereotypical Italian male (in attitude), everyone is warm, gracious--beautiful inside and out (with being very natural).
Buona notte!
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful, Miss P !!!
12:20 Sunday. Going out for bagel & coffee then ride.
Beautiful day !!!!
Happy pedaling !!
LOVE, Skunk
Wow sounds like your having a magical time already! Enjoy the ride tomorrow! :) Brian
Post a Comment