After the massage, I caught the train, transferred to Bart and ended up in SF. There wasn't anything on my agenda for yesterday aside from getting comfortable with the trains so the evening definitely didn't disappoint.
From the base of Coit Tower (which just had its 75th anniversary), the view was breathtaking. And one of my passions is cities at night. Without fail, I get weak in the knees when I've gotten to experience cities (namely NY, Seattle and Denver) at night...I'm adding San Francisco to the list. It was tugging on my heart strings last night.
Looking waaay up at the tower.
From the top of the tower looking out at the city. What a view! This was reminiscent of being at the top of the Washington Memorial late at night years ago. That was the best way to see Washington DC and there was no one around. Same deal last night.
Stair scene from "Vertigo?"I was trying to be tactful in capturing the scene from dinner without making it obvious I was taking pictures. The iPhone is sly. I stopped at this restaurant because of their very large sign that advertised gnocchi. I had been dreaming of a gnocchi meal for a couple of bike rides, it was time to have some. But the gnocchi on the menu came with sausage and in a cream sauce. So I very nicely asked for mushrooms, no sausage and tomato-based sauce. Viola! A few moments later the most melt-in-your-mouth gnocchi was served up. It was the perfect consistency and was obviously made fresh on premises. I understand this place is close to where my conference will be next week...but I'm not sure if I should go back. Along with the check came the waiter's phone number.
No comments:
Post a Comment