I should be 1/2 way to San Francisco right now. However, I'm amongst hundreds of people hanging out in the A concourse at DIA. The PA system just said that we're delayed for at least another 1/2 hour because "they're fixing the plane." Terrific. Fortunately, I have 2 days of Wall Street Journals to read, two books and a journal to write in. Oops, and I forgot the booklet explaining all of the Amendments & Referendums (referendi? how is that plural?) so I can cast my ballot from San Fran.
Now that it's officially vacation time, I don't want to use the computer much...except to do such things as blog. The packing process was exhausting, I'm tired and would be very happy to catch some shut eye.
Fortunately Ed (the fish) has a place to stay (with a neighbor...I just started knocking on doors and one neighbor that I don't know was walking through the hall). Is this what it means when they say it takes a village? And, let me remind you, we're talking about the simplest being ever to take care of (with the exception of a sea monkey, maybe).
Back to reading and waiting in style. More updates soon from the land of very steep hills and cool bridges!
1 comment:
referenda is the "proper" latin plural.
but, referendums is an acceptable anglicization :)
-A.L.
Post a Comment