Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Pseudo-Mead World Championships
Last night was another attempt at racing with the big boys (cat 1-3 men). The first time I did this race, I hung in the pack for the full hour and finished pretty well. Yesterday brought a whole new level of racing that redefined "fast." Leave it to a full squad from Australia, a couple of Slipstream-Chipolte guys and Vitamin Cottage to push the pace almost from the gun. Training races have very relaxed rules about getting dropped...your race isn't over, just jump back in. So I kept jumping back in with the break (oh, ouch) and then drifted back to the chase group and got spat out over and over again. It was a Nature Valley flashback, but it was much better having my butt kicked by guys, who are supposed to be stronger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment