There was a break and I was in the wrong position for it...so I was left chasing like a mad woman for the rest of the race. Leigh (my teammate) has a sprint & I thought it would be fun to try a leadout. With half a lap to go, I gunned it with all I had and she took off my wheel to win the field sprint. I forgot that I still needed to cross the line...and spent the rest of my energy yelling to Leigh to go faster since a girl was gaining on her. That was definitely the highlight of the day and a good way to reintroduce racing and intensity to my legs that hadn't pedaled more than an hour during the entire previous week since Nature Valley.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Long Time No Blog
Well, here we are, in the middle of a *hot* Colorado summer. Blogging has taken a back seat to being out and about. A quick update: Last week started with a crit in Pueblo.
It was hot, hot, hot. Sarah Uhl (world-class sprinter) showed up and took all of the primes. Was it totally necessary to sprint for the coaching-for-2-month prime? For all I know, she gave it away to a local after the race. It was a good course, but not too many racers showed up. We had some local spectators, but I can't say it was all that desired. The comments and attention from the men watching to the women racers would make anyone pretty uncomfortable.
There was a break and I was in the wrong position for it...so I was left chasing like a mad woman for the rest of the race. Leigh (my teammate) has a sprint & I thought it would be fun to try a leadout. With half a lap to go, I gunned it with all I had and she took off my wheel to win the field sprint. I forgot that I still needed to cross the line...and spent the rest of my energy yelling to Leigh to go faster since a girl was gaining on her. That was definitely the highlight of the day and a good way to reintroduce racing and intensity to my legs that hadn't pedaled more than an hour during the entire previous week since Nature Valley.
There was a break and I was in the wrong position for it...so I was left chasing like a mad woman for the rest of the race. Leigh (my teammate) has a sprint & I thought it would be fun to try a leadout. With half a lap to go, I gunned it with all I had and she took off my wheel to win the field sprint. I forgot that I still needed to cross the line...and spent the rest of my energy yelling to Leigh to go faster since a girl was gaining on her. That was definitely the highlight of the day and a good way to reintroduce racing and intensity to my legs that hadn't pedaled more than an hour during the entire previous week since Nature Valley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment