Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Posts Unpublished and Back at it

I can't seem to get time together to post to my blog. I have gotten plenty of time together to write many draft posts.

What are some of these drafts that no one has had a chance to read? I've written about the key maker around the corner and a very pleasant interaction with him, some of the small tasks involved in running a shop and what they involve, major events on the timeline such as my last birthday (a milestone and something that was *really* freaking me out going into it), my very wonderful trip to Denver and a massive coffee tasting trip with my dear always-good-sport parents, some rides I've gone on lately, some work projects, interesting customer situations that can be shared, my work anniversary (a very big deal since I traditionally haven't believed in working in the same position for > 1.5 years due to a flat-lining learning curve/challenge curve).

So, there's a quick catch-up. Now on to today. Today is Labor Day, where I celebrate working by working a little less hard than on most other days.

This weekend I was able to take a full step back from things which I needed since I was teetering on tipping over by the end of last week. It was one of the most intense weeks I've had in a little while and I seemed to have caught a cold for two days. I'm sure it was stressed-induced. Some of the stress was positive, so it's not like much bad was happening (though big changes happened personnel-wise that did affect me greatly). I am, in general, affected by people. Little negative people things throw me off. Little positive things send me over the moon. It's how I tick.

Last week RSC got some great press (alright, it's not like a feature story, we gotta have something else to look forward to in the future). That was a huge high for me and everyone who works at RSC. It was really exciting for all of us. It excited customers, too. It's a huge motivation boost when our efforts are recognized from the outside, though we know what we do every day is something special.

Once upon a time when I was very little (5th grade), I'd done something I thought I was going to get in the local paper for doing. I didn't end up in the paper and I wasn't particularly disappointed; I just remember thinking that if it were to have happened, it would feel like winning the lottery. Why? Because it wouldn't have been particularly deserved.

Now it feels good to be recognized, but it's not super surprising. I jumped up and down when the Wall Street Journal called, I couldn't help myself. I think the WSJ is the best newspaper. But when we were included in their article/video/online piece, it wasn't that feeling of winning the lottery. I think it's because maybe it is something whose time has come, the Studio is remarkable and should be recognized for what it is and it does deserve the notice of national publications. The people inside really deserve the recognition, especially, and I wish everyone who works at the RSC could have gotten their photos in the slideshow and could have been recognized. The Studio is great because of an initial brilliant idea (not mine), fantastic execution making that idea reality (something everyone wants to do but no one actually does; something I'd love to be part of in the future, but wasn't this go-around), and now it's all about the team who breathes the life into it daily. I'm really proud of everyone who works at the Studio, and I am protective of each person, too. It is a very good feeling to have and it is a really good place to be in all ways that can be inferred.

That's a wrap for today. I have a Studio blog begging to be attended to... 

No comments: