First, happy fall. Where'd the summer go? Not fair to ask that question, this summer was full and I can't complain that the summer has rolled into fall. No, I'm not completely ready for winter at all or the cooler temps, but this is life and the seasons are important. I'd get stir-crazy without them.
The last part of summer was been completely consumed, basically from the moment my uncle and bro left town, with a significant change in my life. I'd mentioned a blog post or two back about the blogging that I've done that were a series of unfinished posts I felt unworthy of publishing to the world. In a few spare moments, I went back and read those posts. It was a bit eerie, they were all centered around my burning desire to do something that very closely resembles what I am doing now.
Actually, what I'm doing now is something I've wanted for a very, very long time in concept. But being the Curator for a bike and coffee shop was not what I had in mind. What I had been thinking, in all honesty, never looked as good in my imagination to the reality I have found myself in now. There is a lot to accomplish in limited waking hours; it's work. But work where effort yields results is sweet. And doing work in an area where one is passionate and making forward progress: it's the definition of fun. This is that kind of work. It's quite similar to what I experienced back in college with the senior design project with the Sharp Shooters. I've been chasing that experience ever since. It's not going to be easy, nor did I expect it to be...would it be fun if it were? Nah.
Since my lifestyle hasn't truly been defined here yet (too new to town and haven't established any patterns with friends), it's so much easier to not feel like I'm giving up anything to spend time working. No, no, this is not to be confused with any kind of workaholism tendencies. I've proven that I know how to take time off and relax; however, I finally get to dictate my own schedule without being on the schedule of someone else...I'm liking this degree of freedom...a lot.
Sure, I would like to have more time in every day to see and talk to everyone who I should, but that's a losing battle no matter how many more hours there are in every day.
This post is something I wrote a couple of weeks ago & it's high time to get it published. There are a few more posts to go up soon (maybe tonight?) too. As fast as time is flying, I know if I don't get this up there *now* it'll just never happen. A little is better than nothing. Part of my job involves maintaining a blog...which I need to write soooo much more for, but I guess this is the only part of my personal life that I am investing time into, so it's important. Then I'll get into blogging some cool bike stuff. There are about 1,000 things to write about. For as long as I've ridden a bike, every day is a new wealth of info, a real insight into so much, and so much of that is worth sharing. In time.
No comments:
Post a Comment