Sunday, November 28, 2010
Bike Race in the Most Unlikely Setting...
Yesterday my team and I raced....yes, it's very late in the season and no I haven't raced in something like 3 months... It was a team time trial, which I like a lot, but it was too short...23 minutes in total and it's critical to practice for something like that, which we didn't exactly do. But, I had fun and we came home with salami winnings. The concept was interesting: the time of the woman was what counted for the team. I suppose the liberated women of the western world could read a lot into that. Honestly, being the woman on the team, I liked that rule a lot.
But the setting was an interesting one, there was a motorcycle and car show and the bike race was one facet of the goings-on. Seriously, there were Italians singing country western music and they were Harley Davidson leather-wearing big dudes. I couldn't tell that they were Italian...it felt *exactly* like I was in the States...the Cadillacs and Mustangs were there as well.
That's all for now, it's raining, nearly snowing and cold. Think it's time for something warm to drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes it is just those races where we have the most fun.especially a team time trial, which is always fun and you don't really lose when you have your team around you. Must have been a fulfilling day. Did you get a cross bike for the winter? I would buy one if icould fit a 5th bike in mhy apartment, but no such luck.
Post a Comment