I've done a good job of easing back into being home. A big part of this has been spending gobs of time at my parents' home and I have only really gotten out a few times. So far as having reverse culture shock, it hasn't happened like I expected it to. Maybe it's coming...maybe not!
Driving yesterday was strange: the roads are so wide, the intersections are so big and busy (there are so few traffic lights where I've lived in Italy, one typically drives for quite awhile without stopping much), and it feels weird to drive an automatic.
There have been quite a few "firsts" for me since I left:
First time to use a microwave to warm up food
First burrito
First almond butter or healthy peanut butter
First guacamole
First movie in English (on the plane)
First clothes dryer
First mom's home-cookin' in general (oh it's wonderful!)
Item to add to the list soon: good dark beer!
It's been the truly perfect time of year to be here (like it is every single year). Denver's skyline yesterday morning with the sunrise was so completely gorgeous, it was a great way to be welcomed back. There have been a couple of completely amazing sunsets, too. I missed yesterday's as I took a 5-hour nap right into the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment