Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Le Dolomiti

It is much too late to write up the story of the Dolomiti from this weekend in English or Italian. Pictures are posted on Facebook and all I have to say is that I had a fantastic time with everyone who went on the trip (turned out to be a great group, some teammates, many guys from another team in the area and some family members of the guys as well), I ate some pretty fantastic food and saw the most beautiful mountains...absolutely indescribable. Hard to put in words in English...harder in Italian with limited vocabulary! They close the roads for a day the week before the famous Gran Fondo there, so the riding was great and free. Gilberto Simoni (recently retired Italian pro) showed up for the ride. Cooler yet was to run into a couple who I had met riding to Gubbio a couple of months ago (from a city far from here) who I had wanted to ride with again, but didn't realize we were all going to the same place on the same two days. There were thousands out there, amazing weather and definitely how one could describe paradise. Hope to update more, but no promises...spending the week off from classes doing a lot to improve my Italian and putting some reasonable miles on the road, as well. Buona notte!

No comments: