Thursday, October 01, 2009

Whirlwind

Getting back into life has been insane. There have been so many things going on, I can't keep it all straight. Last weekend started with dinner at Anne's place (she had a lot of organic veggies from a local farm that needed to be eaten...my fav was the spaghetti squash, which was as useful as spaghetti in the meal). It was oooohhhh so good, it sort of took me back to the way I had been accustomed to eating in Italy.

It took me a full week and a day to get to a grocery store after getting home...so I didn't eat much of anything fresh for a little while. Fortunately, I had lots of frozen fruit and veggies, but that's not a good substitute when my taste buds knew the difference.

After the meal, it was time to hang out with new friends (a group that a friend of mine had pulled together, many of them from Washington DC, they came in for Beer Fest). Yes, beer fest is THAT good, it's worth coming all this way for it. And here I am, living in town and I missed it for the second year in a row. Phooey! Anyway, we went to a jazz show at Dazzle. Interesting, I just love jazz, but I realized that think more and am able to go to a happy place when I am listening to jazz. Really need to go more often than once a year.

Saturday night was the Inaugural Party of the Century...and it truly was a party of the century! We had a crowd of probably close to 200 young Catholics (mainly, but wasn't limited to Catholics, of course), the dance floor was full all night and the band had so much fun, they told me how impressed and pleasantly surprised they were at how good everyone was at dancing and how much everyone dance. Trust me, I was shocked. And the dance made up for years and years of disappointing dances, where I would go and not dance all night since the guys wouldn't ask the girls and I was too shy to do anything about it. Everyone had so much fun, in fact, that when the dance was over at midnight, many people were still there not interested in going home yet. And there was a party after the party (the guys felt compelled to empty the kegs!) Seriously sweet.

Sunday my tired legs allowed me to do a little bike path riding and then I had to get cracking on work. No way to start the week! Anyway, there's the update. No need for anyone but me to read this far down this post, I am using this as a journal at this point! This is a weekend I don't want to forget. Tonight I just got back from salsa lessons, I'm really motivated to learn how to dance now that I know how much fun it can be!!!

1 comment:

Matt F. said...

Dazzle is a cool spot. I lived just blocks away for 2+ years, but (of course) never went until moving to the other side of Denver.