Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The riding adventures begin again

I was joking at work today about how nice it would be to go on an all-night ride, since the weather has been perfect (well, after dark, that is, when it isn't scorching hot). Almost had that happen tonight! I rode up to Red Rocks to hear some of "The Police" as they were playing there tonight. Figured I could get much closer to the concert being on a bike. I was right about that, but I couldn't get quite close enough. I could hear the music, but it was a bit muffled. Besides, I had to turn around to get home as soon as I got there. It was worth it for the experience & some pics, to be posted later.

On the ride home, the sun began to set and it made sense to catch the bus home. Of course, as my luck would have it, I was waiting at a stop where the bus wasn't going to pick up ever. That wasted a bunch of time, but I made it to another stop (riding on dirt paths where sidewalks should have been, I was shocked to not get a flat) and then got a bus fairly quickly after that.

What an awesome evening. This summer is not going to get away from me if I can help it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to hear that you've gotten you're enthusiasm & excitement back for riding :)!!