Friday, July 25, 2008

All in the Day

This morning started with a nice ride to Golden, complete with a purple sky as the sun rose and it ended with some awesome Rock Band playing at my place (my friends are the talented rockers, it's hard, but lots of fun!) I left a note for my neighbor warning her of the very loud music that would be happening here and I didn't get any complaints! You'd expect there to be some regular partying in a building like this, but there's never a sound coming from anyone here. That all changed tonight.

In my quest to have a perfect balance between work, life, fun, fitness, time alone and time with others, it's possible that it's starting to come together. One thing is for sure, though, I'm determined to spend August as the summer should be--possibly doing some traveling, spending more time out socially and still increasing mileage on the bike.

It's another very warm evening here; long summer nights are so incredibly wonderful. I want to stay up late and hang onto it--savor every breath of this air, listen to the sound of each cricket coupled with the quiet traffic below and remember the joy of chasing fireflies on nights like these many years ago.

1 comment:

cowgirl said...

glad you are back in the blog and bike world! welcome!