Monday, August 06, 2007

Bannock

Wow, all sorts of cool stuff happening these days that I'm not blogging, because too much is going on! Bannock is traditionally one of my favorite races and this year it didn't disappoint due to family and friends coming to watch. A highlight to me was my Grandmother coming and enjoying the race. It was special to have her there considering bike racing is a whole other world she has never experienced prior to today. This was the first race Mom and Dad saw this year, too, and I was very happy to see my legs showed up today (they decided not to come to Salida with me so I was a bit skeptical as to what to expect from them). The race was fast, agressive and very fun.

The race organizers really didn't do a great job, though. There were four fields racing at the same time (ie different speeds made for near-crashes when girls from different fields met in the corners) and no primes for the women. Funny, since all of the other men's races that I watched had plenty of primes offered.

Time for sleep. That 45 minutes of riding today has me tired... and there was a b-day celebration with family, I'm going to be 30 in 3 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job yesterday & Happy Birthday!!