Monday, March 12, 2007

Stazio Take 2

Stazio was so much better this week than last. There was actual racing happening and the pace was reasonably high. It was easier to race it this week after having all week to think about the hill and not be intimidated by it. The pack was much bigger, too. Today's racing was self-centered--I was only there for my own fitness, along with bike handling and positioning practice--not for results or anything else. Amazing how much easier it was to race with this being my focus. Came very, very close to a prime, too. And, it also made it easier to not be too upset when the race was over and I hadn't heard a final bell (and maybe there was a lap counter, but I didn't see it the whole race). I was convinced there were at least 10 laps left, the race seemed so short. It was a beautiful day, too. Much better than getting pelted by ice rain and snow during yesterday's ride.

Happy Time Change!

Total oversight on my part: Thank you so much to everyone who was cheering! It was awesome to hear you out there. And way to go Einstein's guys!!!

No comments: