Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend pictures

In a previous post, I promised weekend pictures. This pic is temporarily unavailable. It was taken of Justin and Arrick at the Tattered Cover Bookstore, next to Twist and Shout's new location. (Good CD store, btw.) I bought some CDs (first CDs purchased in a year or two). I got: Eurythmics, Greatest Hits, The Fine Young Cannibals and a few used, seriously cheap techno/dance CDs. They will be good to listen to at work. I am much more productive with fast music sometimes.

The picture was of Arrick not wanting her picture taken, Justin razzing her for it.

A picture I wanted to get today, but didn't--when I was on the MOB ride, one of the guys crashed (harmless, luckily) & taco'd his back wheel. In order for him to get home, it had to be un-taco'd. So, it required banging the wheel on a concrete pillar...it seemed so wrong (poor wheel), but it worked and he was able to ride back to the shop.

It was a perfect day to be on the bike--6 hours pedaling, 3000 calories burned (is that possible?), 30 degrees when I left home this morning, between 45 and 50 at the end of the ride. Here are pics of the after-ride fuel (because it's questionable as to whether or not it's food):

This is a protein shake with lots of anti-oxidant stuff mixed in. Appetizing, huh?

This is my version of a Cliff Bar--soaked oats, raw honey, carob chips, coconut flakes, sea salt, almond butter. The only issue with it is that at room temperature, it's mush! It only keeps its shape frozen. Gotta refine the recipe.

And, lastly, but certainly not least: Congratulations to Amy for surviving Kona!!! Two Ironman competitions in less than two months, enjoy the beach and your so deserved time off from training. :)

No comments: