Monday, October 02, 2006

Last Season Recap

With next season in my sights, I wanted to post a quick low-down on last season.

Races: 45
Wins: 3
Crashes: 2
Training & racing time: ~575 hours on the bike, numerous other hours spent lifting weights

Goals as I had set them in October, 2004 (I looked at them many times every day from the moment they were set until last month, when I checked off the last one):
1. Hang with the 1/2/3 field, some prime wins
2. Win a crit
3. Finish in Top 5 (in a stage) in a stage race
4. Upgrade to Cat 2

All of my goals were successfully met. Last season's successes would not have been possible without Julie (my very awesome coach), my mentors, supportive friends, teammates (which are mostly one and the same) and family. I feel so fortunate to be able to dedicate the necessary time and energy to something I'm so passionate about.

No comments: