Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Showers

It's been much too long since the last blog post, but it's time to put up something. This blog was far more interesting when I was racing or traveling. Someone made a great suggestion that I should blog about my experiences in a small business and life as I find it daily at work. The story can't be told yet - it'll need to wait until there's time, it could be years. I like the idea of being completely immersed in the business and having a singular focus on it. If my first book will be called Gelato Diet, the second one will need to be Affogato - translated this means drowned. It's also the name of a really tasty drink comprised of an espresso shot poured over gelato. The many meanings of this will work too well.

I've been fairly successful at keeping distractions out of my life - this is something I wasn't good at in Denver. There, I split my time in so many directions that it made moving forward in any single one nearly impossible. But most of what I did there was excellent preparation for what I am doing now. Toastmasters is one of the most important extracurriculars I've ever done. It'd be wise for me to return here, but I suppose adding a speech homework assignment to my already impossible schedule doesn't sound like a smart thing to do.




No comments: