There's so much to say and report from my short time thus far in Boston. But, lucky you, I'm going to save the stories of the bus system for some other day. I will say, though, it's my only gripe (and a small one at that). This is a very cool town with a lot going on...and there is a lot of good energy all around. It might snow a lot here, but the sun shines like it does in Colorado, can't complain.
The best part of the whole thing is that I'm working and thrilled to do it every day at Ciclismo Classico. I wasn't sure how I'd feel going back to work after so long of not being in an office...except for the bike tours that I led in Italy (which were each fabulous experiences--the most fulfilling work I'd done in a very, very long time). I could be doing CRM work like I was doing before I took off for Italy (they're still hiring like mad in that area); but I love my job, this company in particular, and am very happy to be in the active travel industry.
Part of my job is marketing, the other part is sales. I don't have experience in either one, but I plan to prove that if one has the passion, it's possible to be successful and have a heck of a lot of fun in the process. I've gotten familiar with the itineraries and the amazing places we go...the learning curve is a different kind of animal in an industry such as this one! The opportunities to be creative are numerous (yeeeesss!) And in sales: I feel great when I sell a trip. I know what cool memories people are buying; they last a lifetime and never get rusty or lose their value. Each is a true investment in happiness, health and in relationships--old and new.
I'll be generating a lot of content (writing, yea!) for the Ciclismo site, but I will try to do better about posting here, too. I'm still not doing a great job at keeping in touch with my friends or family as much as I should (sorry guys!) but now that I found something that keeps me up at night with excitement, I want to take advantage of the momentum.
Let's just take a moment to remember what started everything...my original trip with Ciclismo as a guest to Italy. Aaaaahhhh...how sweet it is to reminisce!
Hope this finds you well. Ci vediamo presto qui! (See you here soon!)
1 comment:
nice update. Sell, sell, sell :)
Post a Comment