Christmas always starts with Christmas Eve mass at Holy Ghost. If I were to miss mass, I'd feel like the holiday were missing something big. I went with one of my friends who just moved to town and doesn't have family here.
It was special that the mass was dedicated to Frank Yantorno, the father of one of my Bike Across Italy guides (also Frank) from this summer. I got to meet his very wonderful family after mass; they're super warm, beautiful Italian people.
I was running a full day behind this year...so on Christmas Eve I still hadn't made the food I promised to bring to Christmas and hadn't wrapped gifts yet. Fortunately, Mom was cool with me turning her very clean kitchen upside down for the evening.
Christmas dinner was full-on Italian! William (Italian chef, not Italian blood, but you wouldn't know it when you taste his food) made risotto and gnocchi, both top-notch yummy. I'm not going to do anyone justice who brought/prepared food so I'm not going to try to list what else was for dinner, but these two main dishes really made the meal a feast.
We had kids in attendance (extremely rare in this family and such a treat when they're around)...cute ones who were fun all day! They were good for all of us. These pics don't do them justice at all.
Justin is the resident photographer when Skunk can't be with us on holidays. We didn't get everyone in this picture (William, Christina and their girls had to leave early). Thanks everyone for such quality time and for your gifts from the heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment