Monday, December 07, 2009

Italian Feast!



One of the things I promised to myself to do after getting back from Italy was to make a full Italian dinner, as I had experienced in Italy. Thanks to my ridiculous schedule, I never have time to cook much of anything. However, I haven't seen my good friend, Patrick, for months (since before I went to Italy and he went to Australia) so it was appropriate to celebrate his birthday and catch up over many calories.

The meal literally turned my kitchen inside-out. On the left are hand-made fettuccine noodles (made with spelt, whole wheat and coconut flour) and the balls on the right are sweet potato gnocchi (prior to making the nice little gnocchi pieces with the fork, of course).


I'll make some changes to a few of the details, but overall, the meal turned out great. It included,  in this order: Valpolicella vino, bruschetta & prosciutto, fettuccine & gnocchi with a cream sauce, cooked spinach with too many cloves of garlic mixed in, leafy green salad and last but certainly not least: tiramisu and a pinolo cookie from a local bakery that is all-Italian.


Best tiramisu I've ever tasted. So, yes, the best part of the meal was the part I didn't cook...

No comments: