Saturday, January 12, 2008

Work, but is it, Really?

The past quite a few weeks have been full of few other things besides work. Finally, today, I am deploying a huge project that I have been working on for the past 8 months. All of the real work is done now, the bugs have been found and tossed out. Much of deployment involves running scripts and waiting - and - hoping that everything goes as planned.

The adrenaline rush of having something like this come together and go out is very similar to the one I feel when finishing a race. This project hasn't been a solo effort, it's a team working together. Even though we're paid to do this, it wouldn't be successful if it didn't somehow excite us to do this work. It's in our blood. Just like racing...but not quite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you're a dork. Miss ya

-your favorite little new yorker