Mom and I enjoyed the day together. We had some super yummy food at Mona's (great service, everyone should go there). They delivered a piece of french toast to her with a candle on top. We bummed around the boutiques in LoDo and finished the day by watching Cars (another super cool Pixar flick, highly recommended for all ages). A lovely day (though a bit windy). It was nice doing some "normal" stuff. I almost never spend a day kicking around like this because races are usually later in the day.This morning was a time trial up Lookout Mountain. Windy, cold, what a morning! Since I hadn't pre-registered, it was tempting to go home and go back to bed. The race is hard, as a climbing TT should be. This is the first time I've ever gotten sick after crossing the finish line of a race (due to a long, hard sprint at the end). According to the results, Partna Lan Frandhi won the race. The race was a cold, less fanfare-filled version of the Redlands TT. I really missed not doing the Wenzel warm-up with Melissa and Jeanie, not having everyone around, it was kind of lonely. But, the Redlands experience with the team did get me into better habits. For the first time ever, I got to the race early enough to have a full warm-up, visit the porta-potties and arrive to the start line completely cool and collected.
Now it's time to figure out which race to do tomorrow...there are 2 to choose from, one with dirt, the other without...decisions, decisions...
No comments:
Post a Comment