Welcome and thank you for visiting. First, my apologies for the lack of order in these posts. I just started the blog (7/06) so it's necessary to go back a few months in pictures.Please contribute what you like to this blog. I'd like to capture as many memories as possible and share them. I've found that making distinct memories helps slow down time somewhat. Variety is the spice of life!
I'm not one to look back in the past and wish for the old days, but I do like to remember them. And it's especially nice to remember the people who made those memories special.
You'll notice a theme in my blog: road biking is a big part of who I am. It is responsible for much of the life I have now and most of my best memories are somehow linked to a road ride or race. But what many people don't know is that road riding is one of the most social after-work activities out there. I've met most of my closest friends on the bike and there are numerous occasions to meet new people. Besides, it always involves working hard, breathing the fresh air, having time to think, putting life in the proper perspective...
I have published this blog with the goal of being more organized in saving pictures and stories from life and sharing them with people who will be entertained by them. But, because you might be wondering, here's a little more about me:
I am happily single, but look forward to Mr. Wonderful. The best things and people in life are worth waiting for. I most enjoy long bike rides that involve some kind of exploring. I've also found that as long as I'm outdoors and in nature doing something that is challenging, I'm having fun. The most important things to me are family, friends, faith and being a contributing member of a capitalistic society. Most of what I've blogged about here is racing and the day-to-day experiences I don't want to forget (and don't mind sharing with the whole world). It's an attempt to say enough without saying too much. And I am going to stay away from controversial subjects. You'll also notice my first name is not used for the purpose of privacy.
There are so many things I'm passionate about. Among these are: pursuing anything that taps into creativity, discussing politics, going to church, eating healthy food, discovering new foods and reading books/literature on the topics of health, making my loft unique (it'll never end) and keeping it as my sanctuary, finding the right guy to spend my life with (I think I have it all figured out, bet I can give good advice, but my soul mate hasn't yet shown me who he is).
I've lived in some pretty cool places in the U.S. and it has helped me know what I like/don't like in a place. It's such fun to travel and I do it when the time and funds allow. I love the feeling of a neighborhood, a small downtown area, older architecture, older trees...places without the big box stores. That being said, one of my favorite places to visit is NY City. I love the energy, the diversity of people and food and the ability to "get lost" and be anonymous. The other city, which I may like more than NY (it's been something I've been debating for the past couple of years), is Montreal. The french style, language, attitude...it's fun to be there. Most of my clothes are from Montreal. Need to get back soon, it's tough to shop only once a year for clothes! Then again, I'm not your average mall-rat. I can survive in an indoor mall about 15 minutes before wanting to leave. I think that's enough for this post. Enjoy the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment